Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow in order to help keep the KUMU Wiki organized and well maintained.
- Search first before creating.
- Always search for a page or category which may already exist that is similar to what you want to create. In particular, it can save you time to import the content rather than recreate any content you need.
- Give your page a concise and descriptive name.
- For example, you want to create a tutorial on searching for information on statistics. However, if you name your page "Statistics" or "Statistics Tutorial", people will generally think it is a page which describes statistics. A better name might be "Searching for Statistics Tutorial", or if it for a particular course, it may be "Course:PSYC100 Searching for Statistics in Psychology Tutorial".
- Make sure that any pages you create are in the right space of the wiki. For example, course related material should go in the Course space. To add a page to Course or Documentation spaces, prefix the page name with the space name and a colon (either "Course:" or "Documentation:"), for example wiki.ubc.ca/Course:ABCD123. See the Help page for Namespaces for more information.
- In order to help organize the wiki and for others to find things, categorize pages into existing or new categories. Just be sure new categories have a good name as well. Categories cannot be renamed.
- Leave notes.
- Pages can generally be edited by anyone with a CWL account. Everyone is encouraged to help keep content up to date and organized, but it would be helpful (particularly with large edits) to fill in the "Summary" box with what you changed. If you are uncertain about something, you can leave comments in the edit box itself or make use of the "discussion" tab at the top of the page.
- The wiki is a great collaborative, organization, and creativity tool!
First draft of this page derived from: http://wiki.ubc.ca/Help:Guidelines