Documentation:Learning Design: ID Resources
This wiki is contains numerous articles, weblinks, and other resources that relate to instructional design. Feel free to add other resources and provide a brief comment on its usability.
- Rubric for designing courses: This is an interesting rubric developed by eCampus Alberta for assessing online courses
- Teaching/Design Methods: This teaching handbook has helpful hints about course design, discussions, group work, technology, etc.
- CMU Instructional Strategies: Another great resource for teaching/design tips.
- CFT Teaching Guides: This site has fantastic resources on learning styles, motivating students, using technology, cooperative learning, and so much more!
- Enhancing Student Learning: Seven Principles for Good Practice: Great resource from Winona State University
- New Educational Approaches: Discusses communication technologies in and out of the classroom
- BCIT's Developing Online Courses: Basic guide to online course development, with accompanying resources, such as checklists and templates.
- Student Workload Calculator: This is helpful for determining how long it takes to do certain assignments
Open educational resources (OER) are freely accessible, openly licensed documents and media that are useful for teaching, learning, and assessing as well as for research purposes.
- Saylor: Saylor Academy has built over 300 free, self-paced, online courses.
- The Public Domain Review: Contains many images, books, films, audio that are open
- http://www.thegreatcourses.com/greatcourses.aspx The Great Courses]: Has top quality articles, videos, book chapters, and other resources.
- How Gamification Reshapes Learning: free e-book
- Serious Games Classification: This site is a collaborative classification system suited to Serious Games, based on multiple criterias (gameplay, purposes, markets and target audience).
- Center for Games & Impact: This focuses on games that provoke a change in the player or the world – change stimulated in part because of the player’s experience with the particular game.
- Playful Learning: This platform aims to ignite the use of quality games for learning in the classroom.
- JOLT: the MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching focuses on various aspects of online learning and teaching.
- CJLT: The Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology is a peer-reviewed journal that welcomes papers on all aspects of educational technology and learning.
- BOLDE: A research bank that contains details of books, articles, conference papers and reports on various aspects of distance and online education
Teaching & Learning Articles
- Self Regulated Learning: Interesting article
- LMS: Vendors of Learning Management and E-learning Products
- IPO: TRU copyright policies and information