Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
This wiki provides resources on teaching techniques and best practices in course design. Feel free to add other resources and provide a brief comment on its usability.
- Effective Teaching: Excellent resource that discusses teaching mistakes, course design, effective lectures, and student problems.
- Using Active Learning Instructional Strategies to Create Excitement and Enhance Learning: Article with helpful strategies for active teaching/learning.
- Classroom Activities: Tips for teaching large groups and planning varied lessons.
- [http://med.ubc.ca/files/2012/03/Interactive-Lecturing-Strategies.pdf/ Interactive Lecturing: Strategies for Increasing
Participation in Large Group Presentations]: Great tips for facilitating engaging and interactive classes.
- Muddiest Point in the Lecture: Using student feedback cards at the end of the lecture
- Quickwrite: Strategy for student feedback.
- Teaching Strategies: Guide to activities and strategies such as flipping the classroom, team-based learning, case studies, etc.
- CFT Teaching Guides: This site has fantastic resources on learning styles, motivating students, using technology, cooperative learning, and so much more!
- Index of Learning Styles: Online test to measure learning preferences.
- Enhancing Student Learning: Seven Principles for Good Practice: Great resource from Winona State University
- UoT Course Design: great resources from University of Toronto
- Development Guides: Great guides from VCC on learning outcomes, rubrics, blogs, eportfolios, and more.
- Culturally Diverse Learners: Videos on Culturally Diverse Students
Class Discussions & Participation
- Grading Participation: Article on how to grade students class participation
- Course Outline Guide: Comprehensive guide from Niagara College.
- Teaching/Design Methods: This teaching handbook has helpful hints about course design, discussions, group work, technology, etc.
- CMU Instructional Strategies: Another great resource for teaching/design tips.
- Writing Learning Outcomes: An excellent guide from BCIT
- Bloom's Taxonomy: Good to send SMEs for developing learning outcomes and assessments.
- Overview and Outcomes
- Assessment for Learning
- Formative Feedback
- Formative Assessment Ideas
- Summative Assessment Ideas
- Clinical Rubric
- [http://eddev.niagaracollege.ca/content/Portals/35/NiagaraCollege/pdf/Evaluation%20Guide%20Fall%202013%20v.1%20Final.pdf Evaluation Guide: Assessment Guide from Niagara College
- Student Workload Calculator: This is helpful for determining how long it takes to do certain assignments
- Blubbr: Create and play quiz games from YouTube videos. http://www.blubbr.tv/
- Rubric links: Many links from Michigan State University.
- Using Rubrics: links from Cornell
- Sample Rubrics: from different universities
- Evaluating Multimedia Presentations: article with key points and rubric suggestions.
- Technology solutions: Interesting approaches to common problems of class participation, giving feedback, boring lectures, etc.
Blended Learning & Flipped Classrooms
- Blended Learning: Explanation and resources from the University of Waterloo.
- Flipped Classroom: Teaching tips for flipping your classroom.
- It’s Not About the Tools. It’s About the Skills: An interesting article focusing on the skills acquired through creating wikis, blogs, podcasts, etc.
- The “All-Time” Best Resources For Educators]: A list of resources for videos, visualizations, games, ESL ideas, technology, writing, and much more.
- Digital Toolbox: Great links for communication, collaboration, and creative assignments using technology
- Instructional Design Resources: Instructional Design for online courses.