Documentation:Blackboard Learn Support Resources/understanding your course- faculty
- 1 Instructions for Blackboard Learn 9.1: Understanding Your Course
- 2 Editing Options
Instructions for Blackboard Learn 9.1: Understanding Your Course
This tutorial will outline the basic characteristics of your course shell in Blackboard Learn 9.1.
To access a course, click the title of the course in the ‘My Courses’ module, under the ‘Courses where you are: Instructor’ heading.
Overview of your course Home Page.
- Page header is identical to ‘My Institution’ page.
- Click the home icon to return to the course Home Page from anywhere in the course and the dropdown arrow to access links to your other courses.
- Course menu provides links to all course tools.
- Change how the menu looks using the buttons across the top.
- Toggle ‘Edit Mode’:
‘ON’ analogous to ‘Teach’ and ‘Build’ tabs in Blackboard 8,
‘OFF’ analogous to ‘Student View’ tab in Blackboard 8.
- Course banner.
- Course content area.
- You will notice that each course component linked on the homepage is named exactly as it was in Blackboard 8.
With Edit Mode ‘ON’, you can access tools to allow you to create content and activities for your course.
With Edit Mode ‘ON’ (see #3, above), hover your cursor over an item in your course.
- Click the grey circle with the dropdown arrow.
- Click ‘Edit’ in the contextual menu (bottom image).
Edit the settings according to the steps outlined for the item you are editing.
- Click ‘Submit’ to save your changes.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- See Embed Stats for more and up-to-date information