Documentation:Blackboard Learn Support Resources/Submitting an assignment
- 1 Submitting an Assignment
- 1.1 Step 1: Go to Assignments Area of your Course
- 1.2 Step 2: Locate the Assignment Tool for your Assignment
- 1.3 Step 3: Add your assignment.
- 1.4 Click ‘Submit’.
- 1.5 The green bar across the top will confirm your assignment submission.
Submitting an Assignment
All Open Learning courses in Blackboard Learn 9.1 use the Assignment tool for assignment submission.
Before starting submission process, review any specific instructions provided in your course material on formatting of submissions.
Step 1: Go to Assignments Area of your Course
Step 2: Locate the Assignment Tool for your Assignment
Important: Click the title of the assignment that you need to submit not the icon.
Within the Assignments area the Assignment tool can be placed in a number of different locations.
Layout 1. Immediately visible on entry into Assignments area
Layout 2. Within its own Folder Structure
Layout 3. Within a Folder with Assignment Instructions
In all of the above cases, the tool should be clearly labeled with the words "Submission"
Layout 4. Assignment Instructions within Assignment Tool
Step 3: Add your assignment.
- Click ‘Browse My Computer’ to attach a file from your computer.
- Click ‘Type Submission’ to enter a response directly into Blackboard using the Content Editor.
If you attached a file from you computer, you will see it listed under ‘Attached Files’.
Add comments to your submission, if desired.
The green bar across the top will confirm your assignment submission.
- You should see your submission in the viewer and you should see the submission history on the right side of the page.
Click the double chevron to expand the tools available in the Content Editor.
If you have questions, please contact ITServiceDesk@tru.ca.
- See Embed Stats for more and up-to-date information