Documentation:Learning Environment/OLFM Workshop Feedback/OLFM Workshop Comments
Comments, Suggestions and Concerns
- Good idea*This is important*Awesome*So Useful*Very Importatnt*This is vital* I would love this as I work from the feed. Yeah!! :) * Yes, very important* It is important to me. Yes, I like this* Good idea *Good Idea * Assignment notification would be important * Very important...I don't like navigating out of email and then logging into LMS* I like being able to access via link* Very handy. I currently find it difficult to set to all assignments/blogs/discussions/quizzes* Good*
- It is easy to see assignments in Blackboard Learn. Don't know why we need to be advised multiple times. This is duplicating work and overloading other email systems.
- Outlook? Having fewer email in boxes should be a goal.
- Can this please go to course messages and NOT to outlook?
- Prefer the notifications be on a landing page, similar to what the last version of WebCT provided.
- Need to also include new discussion postings
- Must be able to turn it off
- Can this be set up so that students cannot submit form their personal email?
- Need to be able to set up which quizzes I get notified about.
- Course message notification is needed
- Should provide course name in the email (example in deck does not show this)
- Should be able to turn it off for each assignment
- Include dates for paced courses
- Streamline process so assignments are marked quickly. We are paid a fixed $,taking longer to mark an assignment is NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Flexibility is good
- Anything that highlights showing assignments and messages is Good...comments within document never seems to work well...functionality cannot be undone.
- Would this replace emails received from OL Registration system?
- What type of files?
- There is difficulty when students use different software and types of documents
- need to be able to embed feedback right in the paper-highlights and different colour ink. Save time form having to download
- Need official mark
- One page for all feedback given would be handy
- Allow ability to send back assignments for further work and allow multiple submissions easily.
- Allow re-submissions and grade changes
- Ability for iterative multiple submission for an assignment
Click to Grade from Homepage
- Good*Much easier than the one used now
- I like to mark the same assignments for the multiple students, currently Blackboard Learn allows me to order the assignments, can this functionality still exist in new system.
- Options are great
- Currently system bumps you out after 20 minutes. If you are typing when the warning box comes up you lose everything
- When marking online, students don't always access all the feedback. It is not intuitive. Need in-document feedback too
- Abiltiy to annotate the pdf on the screen directly
- Stylus idea :)
- Especially important in Math and Physics courses because then we can point things out "draw" on their work etc *Offline marking important * I download all essays and use MS Word and track changes *important *marking offline for large assignments of 30+ pages
- Would like to use feedback functions when marking offline.
- Would like to use the edit function in word to put comments in edit bubbles can we make this feature available for feedback
- Ensure we still have the attached document
- For COMP courses we need zip, java, vb etc. Java and vb need to load into IDE and test run as part of marking
- have to be able to upload assignments that have been marked offline
Marking using Rubrics
- I mark off here 95% of the time*Yes important*Excellent! "Use to Mark" feature activated please*Excellent idea*Good Plan*Having Rubic online would useful*Online Rubric*Rubric and assignment instructions
- Is it possible to mark assignments offline and use the rubric from Blackboard Learn?
- Excellent idea *
- Review in work is much more flexible
- Voice activated comments would be so helpful
- Need lots of space for feedback. It is essential for success in the courses I teach
- Spell Checker
- Ensure you can go back and update, change, and or delete when a mistake is made
- Need to be able to use offline
- Voice Activated feedback to be inserted in type form into document
- Voice recognition software
- Would like ability to mark with stylus on tablet or touch screen
- Voice comments as feedback
- Must be able to upload 4-5 pages of feedback
- I like the idea of the feedback repository * Very good idea* IMPORTANT*I like this*good idea* bank of comments sounds helpful*Feedback bank would be good*Important especially if marking is online*that would be so useful*I currently keep this as email drafts*awesome*I love this*love this feature*excellent idea
- Helpful but concerned that this is becoming too technocratic
- How much feedback will it hold?
- Upload offline feedback (MS word files)
- Need to create a system for specific needs in some courses. Changing the regular system to fit the course
- Have phrases that can be added ahead of time to be used for any student
- Create course specific bank per instructor/course that can be used by faculty in future courses
- Excellent idea*this would be very useful*I like the access to previous feedback*looks great. Yes, really helpful* Helpful when students repeat mistakes. Either because they have ignored or misunderstood previous feedback*feedback should build from assignment or discussion to the next*already in Blackboard Learn*Great to ensure feedback to same student is different over time*Great idea*yes, please*This would be great*Good Feature to look back at previous assignments and feedback*
- I mark offline but would like to be able to copy some feedback into online resource
- Definitely keep the portal available for submission of works
One Place to Enter Marks
- Grade to go into Banner would be GREAT!* Would definitely save time* thank you!* YES* yes* This would save time* great time saver*YES VERY IMPORTANT*This is great *would be nice not to have to input*good *portal only one entry..YES* this would be nice *YEAH!!!!!! :) Please make it happen!!!* simple is better*good important feature *YES!!!* Yes *saves time, increases accuracy, decreases entry errors*time saving if marks go directly in myTRU *yes *very important *the opportunity to only enter the grade once is of significant appeal *oh please please please *yes! Please! Soon! *yes *would be awesome *yes *please /very valuable *Yes! One system would great*yes, assuming this is reliable*YES!!!
- Okay but not necessary
- Putting grades into banner myself is the last of my issues…not vitally important
- as long as it paid properly or automated
- must be reliable
- This may be helpful*this is helpful*all courses in one location...Hurray*
Save/Send Communication: like this, time saving*good option, saves time*important
- low priority
- not useful
- Don't let students send from their own personal email
- breakdown of students by course would help
- start and end dates
- Average time it takes to grade assignment (example: your average marking time is 3.4 days)
- Need notification of course message In Box
- Would like to know which students have signed up for exams and when they are scheduled to write
- Communication: Want to know that student has read message. Often you hear nothing back
Concerns: not urgent - I have 150+ students
- current Blackboard Learn with "send only" is very confusing to students - they expect to read my reply in Blackboard Learn
- For paced cohort courses, discussion forums are a core part of the experience. I would have liked to have seen something about that.
- Keep Communication right in the course where everything else course related lies
- learning environment but have the option of email pop ups notifying you that there is a communication from the student
Track Student Contacts
- this is better, to separate from the tru email*May be easier for student but I use both methods at present*Important to keep everything about he course in one place like the older version of Blackboard*yes*yes!*I like this option as long as other options are possible*sufficient*Best not to mix student courses*Communication to normal emails most of the time are trivial*okay if students chatting back and forth as I can monitor the conversation
- By student by time since last contact or submission
- Send notifications of communication and assignment activity to outlook
Turn off Communications in LMS
- Like Option B*Yes I would like this*This is great.*There are too many places to find communication from student it is all sent to one place is great*the ability to do this would be nice but not to make it necessary*like this for when I need to communication with a student or small group of students*yes*I always use outlook and feedback via word*yes*yes
- Is this possible?
- Email!!! Currently respond/communicate to students in 3 ways: 1) reply to emails in outlook 2) send emails (welcome letter) in Black Board 3) Send emails from my TRU - Communication.copies may all be sent to outlook but not easily tied to student also I canst see the student email if i had this I would always use outlook
- Do not turn off communication
- How would students communicate with each other
- Students want to use their regular email to stay in touch, not a good success rate with internal communication. Only use email
- Disadvantage when teaching several classes. The students get all jumbled in your inbox
- clutters my outlook mail
- I would never use - individual messages essential
- Get so many emails everyday as along as we can have a sub/outlook
- link email to tru.ca and sent optional email
- turn off the chat function
Comments: Concerns: Suggestions:
- Need to archive course messages, Need to notify if we have mail and save under each student name
- Send group specific messages to students
- I like getting notifications but is it possible to make emails from @tru.ca go to internal course communication instead of going to student email. I want to respond asap but not always feasible to log into BL.
- Option for either
- I want all notifications sent to me via email I know not everyone wants this so the ability to turn this function on/off is important. *Is there a way we could activate a video conference feature to be able to have an in program platform? I like Skype but not all students have Skype
- It would be nice to have a button in a group discussion that the students can flag and notify the professor to take a look at a conversation.
- Using student activity an automatic email to student based on progress (like John O'Brien's communication tool)
- Old Blackboard let you choose between internal email and email forward to outlook. Good to let faculty choose these preference
- Outlook only for continuous enrollment
- Send all messages to both TRU and personal email
- Option of either a or b
- both send messages from learning environment to outlook too
- integration tool with one inbox and one outbox
- I communicate by email but the comments also exist in the portal for further reference…keep both places