Documentation:Learning Environment/OLFM Workshop Feedback
OLFM 2015 Workshop Presentation
May 9th, 2015 Ken, Brian and Tanya presented the Future Learning Environment Discussion
A 15 page deck was provided to each OLFM to follow along with. The OLFMs were asked to put a sticky note on the items/features they wanted and were encouraged to provide feedback by writing in the deck. The presentation ran out of time and ended before discussing #5 Content Display. Although it was not reviewed in detail, many OLFMs continued through the deck and provided their feedback. The number of respondents to Section 5 and 6 are expected to be much lower than 1-4.
92 decks were returned
11 were returned empty
The feedback was compiled based on two factors: Likes and comments
- The number of sticky notes and positive comments for each feature was considered a like.
- Some decks were returned only with comments, suggestions or questions and were not considered in the like category but the comments were recorded.
- If a comment was not in favour of a feature that a sticky was on, it was not considered a like and the comment was recorded
Percentages provided are based on the number of positive responses in relation to the number of returned decks with comments/feedback
OLFM Notification 45.68%
- Notification via email 27.16%
- Navigation link in email 14.81%
Grading Centre 72.84%
- Click from Homepage 12.35%
- Marking Online 16.05%
- Marking Offline 29.63%
- Marking using Rubics 24.69%
- Entering Feedback 28.40%
- Feedback Bank 43.21%
- Previous Feedback 28.40%
- One Place to Enter Marks 61.73%
Student Analytics 30.86%
- Filter/select by Enrollment 1.23%
- Review Activity Data 6.17%
- Save/Send Communication 7.41%
Integrated Communications 54.32%
- Track student contacts 12.35%
- Turnoff Communication in LMS 29.63%
- Other 13.58%
Content Display 23.46%
- Mobile 11.11%
- Easy navigation 6.17%
- Diff content presentations 4.94%
Student Success Tools 17.28%
- Progress Bars 3.70%
- Points 2.47%
- Badges 4.94%
- Create Portfolios 2.47%
- Share Resources/Study Groups 3.70%
- Share with Others Out of Class 1.23%
7. Exam Centre 17.28%
- Good idea*This is important*Awesome*So Useful*Very Importatnt*This is vital* I would love this as I work from the feed. Yeah!! :) * Yes, very important* It is important to me. Yes, I like this* Good idea *Good Idea * Assignment notification would be important * Very important...I don't like navigating out of email and then logging into LMS* I like being able to access via link* Very handy. I currently find it difficult to set to all assignments/blogs/discussions/quizzes* Good*
- It is easy to see assignments in Blackboard Learn. Don't know why we need to be advised multiple times. This is duplicating work and overloading other email systems.
- Outlook? Having fewer email in boxes should be a goal.
- Can this please go to course messages and NOT to outlook?
- Prefer the notifications be on a landing page, similar to what the last version of WebCT provided.
- Need to also include new discussion postings
- Must be able to turn it off
- Can this be set up so that students cannot submit form their personal email?
- Need to be able to set up which quizzes I get notified about.
- Course message notification is needed
- Should provide course name in the email (example in deck does not show this)
- Should be able to turn it off for each assignment
- Include dates for paced courses
- Streamline process so assignments are marked quickly. We are paid a fixed $,taking longer to mark an assignment is NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Flexibility is good
- Anything that highlights showing assignments and messages is Good...comments within document never seems to work well...functionality cannot be undone.
- What type of files?
- There is difficulty when students use different software and types of documents
- need to be able to embed feedback right in the paper-highlights and different colour ink. Save time form having to download
- Need official mark
- One page for all feedback given would be handy
- Allow ability to send back assignments for further work and allow multiple submissions easily.
- Allow re-submissions and grade changes
Concern would this replace emails received from OL Registration system?
Click to Grade from Homepage
- Good*Much easier than the one used now
- I like to mark the same assignments for the multiple students, currently Blackboard Learn allows me to order the assignments, can this functionality still exist in new system
- Options are great
- Currently system bumps you out after 20 minutes. If you are typing when the warning box comes up you lose everything
- When marking online, students don't always access all the feedback. It is not intuitive. Need in-document feedback too
- Abiltiy to annotate the pdf on the screen directly
- Stylus idea :)
- Especially important in Math and Physics courses because then we can point things out "draw" on their work etc *Offline marking important * I download all essays and use MS Word and track changes *important *marking offline for large assignments of 30+ pages
- Would like to use feedback functions when marking offline.
- Would like to use the edit function in word to put comments in edit bubbles can we make this feature available for feedback
- Ensure we still have the attached document?
- For COMP courses we need zip, java, vb etc. Java and vb need to load into IDE and test run as part of marking
- have to be able to upload assignments that have been marked offline