Documentation:Learning Environment/OLFM Workshop Feedback/OLFM Workshop Comments
Comments, Suggestions and Concerns
- Good idea*This is important*Awesome*So Useful*Very Importatnt*This is vital* I would love this as I work from the feed. Yeah!! :) * Yes, very important* It is important to me. Yes, I like this* Good idea *Good Idea * Assignment notification would be important * Very important...I don't like navigating out of email and then logging into LMS* I like being able to access via link* Very handy. I currently find it difficult to set to all assignments/blogs/discussions/quizzes* Good*
- It is easy to see assignments in Blackboard Learn. Don't know why we need to be advised multiple times. This is duplicating work and overloading other email systems.
- Outlook? Having fewer email in boxes should be a goal.
- Can this please go to course messages and NOT to outlook?
- Prefer the notifications be on a landing page, similar to what the last version of WebCT provided.
- Need to also include new discussion postings
- Must be able to turn it off
- Can this be set up so that students cannot submit form their personal email?
- Need to be able to set up which quizzes I get notified about.
- Course message notification is needed
- Should provide course name in the email (example in deck does not show this)
- Should be able to turn it off for each assignment
- Include dates for paced courses
- Streamline process so assignments are marked quickly. We are paid a fixed $,taking longer to mark an assignment is NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Flexibility is good
- Anything that highlights showing assignments and messages is Good...comments within document never seems to work well...functionality cannot be undone.
- Would this replace emails received from OL Registration system?
- What type of files?
- There is difficulty when students use different software and types of documents
- need to be able to embed feedback right in the paper-highlights and different colour ink. Save time form having to download
- Need official mark
- One page for all feedback given would be handy
- Allow ability to send back assignments for further work and allow multiple submissions easily.
- Allow re-submissions and grade changes
Click to Grade from Homepage
- Good*Much easier than the one used now
- I like to mark the same assignments for the multiple students, currently Blackboard Learn allows me to order the assignments, can this functionality still exist in new system.
- Options are great
- Currently system bumps you out after 20 minutes. If you are typing when the warning box comes up you lose everything
- When marking online, students don't always access all the feedback. It is not intuitive. Need in-document feedback too
- Abiltiy to annotate the pdf on the screen directly
- Stylus idea :)
- Especially important in Math and Physics courses because then we can point things out "draw" on their work etc *Offline marking important * I download all essays and use MS Word and track changes *important *marking offline for large assignments of 30+ pages
- Would like to use feedback functions when marking offline.
- Would like to use the edit function in word to put comments in edit bubbles can we make this feature available for feedback
- Ensure we still have the attached document
- For COMP courses we need zip, java, vb etc. Java and vb need to load into IDE and test run as part of marking
- have to be able to upload assignments that have been marked offline
Marking using Rubrics
- I mark off here 95% of the time*Yes important*Excellent! "Use to Mark" feature activated please*Excellent idea*Good Plan*Having Rubic online would useful*Online Rubric*Rubric and assignment instructions
- Is it possible to mark assignments offline and use the rubric from Blackboard Learn?
- Excellent idea *
Concerns: Review in work is much more flexible Suggestions:
- Voice activated comments would be so helpful
- Need lots of space for feedback. It is essential for success in the courses I teach
- Spell Checker
- Ensure you can go back and update, change, and or delete when a mistake is made
- Need to be able to use offline
- Voice Activated feedback to be inserted in type form into document
- Voice recognition software
- Would like ability to mark with stylus on tablet or touch screen
- Voice comments as feedback
- Must be able to upload 4-5 pages of feedback
- I like the idea of the feedback repository * Very good idea* IMPORTANT*I like this*good idea* bank of comments sounds helpful*Feedback bank would be good*Important especially if marking is online*that would be so useful*I currently keep this as email drafts*awesome*I love this*love this feature*excellent idea
- Helpful but concerned that this is becoming too technocratic
- How much feedback will it hold?
- Upload offline feedback (MS word files)
- Need to create a system for specific needs in some courses. Changing the regular system to fit the course
- Have phrases that can be added ahead of time to be used for any student
- Create course specific bank per instructor/course that can be used by faculty in future courses
- Excellent idea*this would be very useful*I like the access to previous feedback*looks great. Yes, really helpful* Helpful when students repeat mistakes. Either because they have ignored or misunderstood previous feedback*feedback should build from assignment or discussion to the next*already in Blackboard Learn*Great to ensure feedback to same student is different over time*Great idea*yes, please*This would be great*Good Feature to look back at previous assignments and feedback*
- I mark offline but would like to be able to copy some feedback into online resource
- Definitely keep the portal available for submission of works
One Place to Enter Marks
- Grade to go into Banner would be GREAT!* Would definitely save time* thank you!* YES* yes* This would save time* great time saver*YES VERY IMPORTANT*This is great *would be nice not to have to input*good *portal only one entry..YES* this would be nice *YEAH!!!!!! :) Please make it happen!!!* simple is better*good important feature *YES!!!* Yes *saves time, increases accuracy, decreases entry errors*time saving if marks go directly in myTRU *yes *very important *the opportunity to only enter the grade once is of significant appeal *oh please please please *yes! Please! Soon! *yes *would be awesome *yes *please /very valuable *Yes! One system would great*yes, assuming this is reliable*YES!!!
- Okay but not necessary
- Putting grades into banner myself is the last of my issues…not vitally important
- as long as it paid properly or automated
- must be reliable