Documentation:Learning Environment/Archived Data and Links/Moodle Framework Notes 10/27/14
< Documentation:Learning Environment | Archived Data and LinksJump to navigation Jump to search
Logistical and technical complexity makes it clear dedicated documentation process, preferably supervised by dedicated project manager. Both need to be in place ASAP. Brian Mackay has offered a project manager, Brian L. will follow up.
Tested branded theme screenshot (based on Elegance)
- Automated student enrollment into Moodle course shells / Auto shell creation from Banner (There may be code from UVic to Assist)
- Submission of Grades directly from Moodle to Banner (may be out of scope for phase 1 implementation)
- Grade submission from Moodle to Banner is complicated by the fact that OLFM entries into Banner (through the Portal) are the triggers for OLFM pay.
- Currently, OL Print students cannot be enrolled into Blackboard. Can this be addressed in the new version of Moodle?
- There is a Banner upgrade process underway with TRU IT. This Pilot will need to be coordinated to align with new requirements.
- What sort of analytic data will be available from the backend? What third-party tools or plugins might assist data analysis with respect to Learning Analytics?
Which courses to begin?
- May be best to begin with a paced course or two. Earliest realistic start date is May. But given demographics[??]
- A start date of May requires paced students to begin registration in February.
- Selection: Dual OLFM/TRUFA (if only so they can be supported in person), some experience with Moodle, willingness to experiment. Colin and Matt have a few candidates, holding off on invitations until more key details are in place.
Meeting schedule: Working Group will shoot to meet every two weeks for the foreseeable future.
For next meeting, will begin process of project documentation, off a set of requirements begun by OL Course Delivery team. Please add or edit any considerations that are relevant to the pilot.