Documentation:Learning Environment/Archived Data and Links/Moodle Framework Notes 10/27/14
Logistical and technical complexity makes it clear dedicated documentation process, preferably supervised by dedicated project manager. Both need to be in place ASAP. Brian Mackay has offered a project manager, Brian L. will follow up.
- Automated student enrollment into Moodle course shells / Auto shell creation from Banner (There may be code from UVic to Assist)
- Submission of Grades directly from Moodle to Banner (may be out of scope for phase 1 implementation)
- Grade submission from Moodle to Banner is complicated by the fact that OLFM entries into Banner (through the Portal) are the triggers for OLFM pay.
- Currently, OL Print students cannot be enrolled into Blackboard. Can this be addressed in the new version of Moodle?
- There is a Banner upgrade process underway with TRU IT. This Pilot will need to be coordinated to align with new requirements.
- What sort of analytic data will be available from the backend? What third-party tools or plugins might assist data analysis with respect to Learning Analytics?
Which courses to begin?
- May be best to begin with a paced course or two. Earliest realistic start date is May. But given demographics[??]
- A start date of May requires paced students to begin registration in February.
- Selection: Dual OLFM/TRUFA (if only so they can be supported in person), some experience with Moodle, willingness to experiment. Colin and Matt have a few candidates, holding off on invitations until more key details are in place.
Meeting schedule: Working Group will shoot to meet every two weeks for the foreseeable future.
For next meeting, will begin process of project documentation, off a set of requirements begun by OL Course Delivery team. Please add or edit any considerations that are relevant to the pilot.