Toward a New Learning Environment
Thanks to everyone who attended the December 9, 2014 Learning Enviornment meeting. The meeting was well attended and the great thoughts and ideas that came out of that meeting are captured here.
In the spirit of Open/ Online/ Distributed/ Technology-Enhanced learning, we are hoping to keep the ideas flowing and discussion continuing using this wiki site. Please add your thoughts, ask questions (and feel free to rewrite this intro :)) We will be following up with another session specifically for Faculty shortly, so please stay tuned...
Meeting Discussion Questions:
When we think about good learning and the technologies that support it:
- What do we know (or think we know)?
- What do we need to find out?
- What do we hope for?
- What do we fear?
Draft Project Goal Statement (Requires input and Edits!!!) To develop a learning environment students and faculty love that:
- Is easy to use appropriate support when required
- Supports learning that is:
- Engaging and interactive
- Research and data-driven
- Is cost effective, sustainable and supports continuous improvement while encouraging back end efficiencies
- Is implemented using a process that supports the needs of staff and faculty through appropriate process development, training and ongoing support
/Course Development and Delivery Process