Difference between revisions of "Documentation:Intellectual Property Office/JIRA Basics"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (BrianLamb moved page Documentation:JIRA BASICS to Documentation:Intellectual Property Office:JIRA Basics)
Revision as of 15:34, 26 February 2014
Server location: http://innovations.tru.ca:8080/secure/Dashboard.jspa
At the logon screen enter your user name and password.
Search for Issues
Search under the Issues tab in the top bar by Course Acronym ie HLTH 1234, by IPO Number ie 2014-0000, instructor name or other key feature.
Create a new issue
A new issue is created by selecting Create Issue and in the dialogue box that comes up select IPO to assign the file to our department
- In the Summary field enter the course Acronym . Later in the permissions process this box will be updated with the type of record ie permission, fair dealing, access copyright and the IPO number assigned to the third party materials
- Ie PSYC 3611 Permissions IPO 07-0052 or F2F MATH 1750 ( for campus based courses)
- Description – This box is designed to create a snapshot of the JIRA record as well as how the request came to be reviewed for copyright. For example , you might want to say the course has gone through a revision or that it is a new course. You also want to refer to any other JIRA records which might relate to the same course.
- Entries in this box are to be kept to a bare minimum. It should identify the use which the record covers along with the IPO number and title of the resources used in the course.
- Attachments – attachments can be added at anytime (ie when received) by selecting the edit issue button and attaching them to the JIRA record. You can also drag and drop file from windows explorer. Types of material that should be attached to a record are:
- i. licenses,
- ii. permission letters or
- iii. PDF’s of emails when permission is received.
- iv. Spreadsheets detailing course resources such as deep links or a list of permissions.
- v. For Face to Face courses –
- 1. Bibliography which is sent to the Printshop,
- 2. email that is sent to the Bookstore,
- 3. copies of lists submitted by the course professor,
- Assign the file to yourself as copyright officer
- Contact info may or may not be useful to include, for example you would not want to put every publisher’s contact information in this box but it would be useful to have the faculty information on face to face course or the instructional designer’s information such as phone number and email address if you need to get in touch with them.
- Comments Box –This field is used to track the current status of the material and any information that may be pertainent to the permissions obtained or discussions with ID’s, Instructors or others as to course materials. The first line of any comment added should provide a snapshot of the subject being discussed. As the comment records get longer you want to be able to skim through these records quickly to get the gist of what is happening on the file.
- Comments which should be recorded are
- i. The status of a permission request including the date received,
- ii. work remaining on the file
- iii. when a copyright report has been sent out to production and curriculum services.
- iv. Efforts made to track down copyright holders for permissions
- v. Records of decisions by the copyright supervisor are also recorded here for future reference.
- vi. Indicate when no further work is required or file is complete.
- Comments which should be recorded are
JIRA records can be edited at any time to add in IPO numbers once assigned or add additional IPO numbers into the description box.
Tracking of a records progress is done through the call to action buttons immediately below the Summary box when an issue is displayed.
- a. The more button allows to you attach files
- b. The Comment button allows you to add additional comments
- c. To Review and Investigate will toggle to Send to Request to Rights Holder, Permission Received and File Closed (Reopen button appears)