Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 10:11, 16 October 2015 by Kwarnock (Created page with "This wiki provides resources on teaching techniques and best practices in course design. Feel free to add other resources and provide a brief comment on its usability. ==Ef...")
This wiki provides resources on teaching techniques and best practices in course design. Feel free to add other resources and provide a brief comment on its usability.
- Effective Teaching: Excellent resource that discusses teaching mistakes, course design, effective lectures, and student problems.
- Writing Learning Outcomes: An excellent guide from BCIT
- Bloom's Taxonomy: Good to send SMEs for developing learning outcomes and assessments.
- Teaching/Design Methods: This teaching handbook has helpful hints about course design, discussions, group work, technology, etc.
- CMU Instructional Strategies: Another great resource for teaching/design tips.
- CFT Teaching Guides: This site has fantastic resources on learning styles, motivating students, using technology, cooperative learning, and so much more!
- Index of Learning Styles: Online test to measure learning preferences.
- Enhancing Student Learning: Seven Principles for Good Practice: Great resource from Winona State University
- UoT Course Design: great resources from University of Toronto
- Development Guides: Great guides from VCC on learning outcomes, rubrics, blogs, eportfolios, and more.
- Overview and Outcomes
- Assessment for Learning
- Formative Feedback
- Formative Assessment Ideas
- Summative Assessment Ideas
- Clinical Rubric
- Student Workload Calculator: This is helpful for determining how long it takes to do certain assignments
- Blubbr: Create and play quiz games from YouTube videos. http://www.blubbr.tv/
- Rubric links: Many links from Michigan State University.
- Using Rubrics: links from Cornell
- Sample Rubrics: from different universities
- Evaluating Multimedia Presentations: article with key points and rubric suggestions.
- Resources in Science and Engineering Education: Great resources from Dr. Richard Felder.
Teaching & Learning Articles
- Self Regulated Learning: Interesting article
Using Digital Tools
- It’s Not About the Tools. It’s About the Skills: An interesting article focusing on the skills acquired through creating wikis, blogs, podcasts, etc.
- The “All-Time” Best Resources For Educators]: A list of resources for videos, visualizations, games, ESL ideas, technology, writing, and much more.
- Digital Toolbox: Great links for communication, collaboration, and creative assignments using technology
- Instructional Design Resources: Instructional Design for online courses.