This wiki provides resources on teaching techniques and best practices in course design. Feel free to add other resources and provide a brief comment on its usability.
- Effective Teaching: Excellent resource that discusses teaching mistakes, course design, effective lectures, and student problems.
- Using Active Learning Instructional Strategies to Create Excitement and Enhance Learning: Article with helpful strategies for active teaching/learning.
- Classroom Activities: Tips for teaching large groups and planning varied lessons.
- [http://med.ubc.ca/files/2012/03/Interactive-Lecturing-Strategies.pdf/ Interactive Lecturing: Strategies for Increasing
Participation in Large Group Presentations]: Great tips for facilitating engaging and interactive classes.
- Muddiest Point in the Lecture: Using student feedback cards at the end of the lecture
- Quickwrite: Strategy for student feedback.
- CFT Teaching Guides: This site has fantastic resources on learning styles, motivating students, using technology, cooperative learning, and so much more!
- Index of Learning Styles: Online test to measure learning preferences.
- Enhancing Student Learning: Seven Principles for Good Practice: Great resource from Winona State University
- UoT Course Design: great resources from University of Toronto
- Development Guides: Great guides from VCC on learning outcomes, rubrics, blogs, eportfolios, and more.
- Culturally Diverse Learners: Videos on Culturally Diverse Students
Class Discussions & Participation
- Grading Participation: Article on how to grade students class participation
- Teaching/Design Methods: This teaching handbook has helpful hints about course design, discussions, group work, technology, etc.
- CMU Instructional Strategies: Another great resource for teaching/design tips.
- Writing Learning Outcomes: An excellent guide from BCIT
- Bloom's Taxonomy: Good to send SMEs for developing learning outcomes and assessments.
- Overview and Outcomes
- Assessment for Learning
- Formative Feedback
- Formative Assessment Ideas
- Summative Assessment Ideas
- Clinical Rubric
- Student Workload Calculator: This is helpful for determining how long it takes to do certain assignments
- Blubbr: Create and play quiz games from YouTube videos. http://www.blubbr.tv/
- Rubric links: Many links from Michigan State University.
- Using Rubrics: links from Cornell
- Sample Rubrics: from different universities
- Evaluating Multimedia Presentations: article with key points and rubric suggestions.
- Technology solutions: Interesting approaches to common problems of class participation, giving feedback, boring lectures, etc.
Blended Learning & Flipped Classrooms
- Blended Learning: Explanation and resources from the University of Waterloo.
- Flipped Classroom: Teaching tips for flipping your classroom.
- It’s Not About the Tools. It’s About the Skills: An interesting article focusing on the skills acquired through creating wikis, blogs, podcasts, etc.
- The “All-Time” Best Resources For Educators]: A list of resources for videos, visualizations, games, ESL ideas, technology, writing, and much more.
- Digital Toolbox: Great links for communication, collaboration, and creative assignments using technology
- Instructional Design Resources: Instructional Design for online courses.