Documentation:Blackboard Learn Support Resources/resetting submissions
Instructions for Blackboard Learn 9.1: Resetting Assignments and Assessments
Follow these instructions to allow a student to resubmit an assignment or retake a quiz. You may also want to set up your assignments to allow multiple submissions by default. Allow Additional Attempts on Assignments
1. From the ‘Full Grade Center’, click the dropdown arrow beside the assignment you need to edit and click ‘View Grade Details’.
2. On the ‘Grade Details’ page, you have several options for allowing another attempt.
- Choose one attempt to delete. This will delete all traces of the submission from Blackboard.
- Clear the attempt.
- This will delete all traces of the submission from Blackboard.
- Ignore the attempt. This will retain the submission but it will not be counted in the student’s grade calculations and it will not be counted as an attempt.
Click ‘Allow Additional Attempt’ to allow the student to submit the assignment again.
- This option will only show if the student has reached the maximum number of allowed attempts and will retain a record of the student’s submissions.
- Click ‘Return to Grade Center’ to return to
- the grade center.
Allow Multiple Submissions
- 1. From the ‘Assignments’ page, click the dropdown beside the assignment you need to edit and choose ‘Edit’.
- 2. In section 4, ‘Availability’, edit the number of attempts to ‘Unlimited’ or set a specific number.
- 3. Click ‘Submit’ at the bottom or top of the page to save your settings.
Reset an Assessment (Quiz or Mid-Term)
- 1. From the ‘Full Grade Center’, click the dropdown arrow beside the assessment you need to edit and click ‘View Grade Details’.
- 2. You may either delete an attempt, clear an attempt, or ignore an attempt.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.