Documentation:Blackboard Learn Support Resources/Submitting an assignment
Submitting an Assignment
All Open Learning courses in Blackboard Learn 9.1 use the Assignment tool for assignment submission. Please follow these
instructions for submitting an assignment in Blackboard Learn 9.1
In most cases, your assignment instructions are presented separately from where you submit them. Although you can type your assignment directly into the Assignment Tool it is recommended that you do your work offline, save your assignment in a file or files and attach file(s) to submit.
Before starting submission process, review any specific instructions provided in your course material on formatting of submissions.
Step 1: Go to Assignments Area of your Course
This area can be accessed from Left hand navigation bar or from your Course Home page.
=Step 2: Locate the Assignment Tool for your Assignment
The Assignment Tool has the following icon: File:AssignmentToolIcon.jpg Click the title of the assignment that you need to submit not the icon.
Within the Assignments area the Assignment tool can be placed in a number of different locations.
1. Immediately visible on entry
2. Within its own Folder Structure - separate from assignment instructions
3. Within a Folder with Assignment Instructions
In all of the above cases, the tool should be clearly labeled with the words "Submission"
In a limited number of cases you may have the Assignment Instructions included in the Assignment Icon.
- Please Note: If this is the case, please click the assignment title in the bottom left corner of the instructions to continue with the submission process.
File:Blearn assignment withinstruct.jpg
Step 3: Add your assignment.
File:Blearn assignment submissionshet.jpg In most cases you will be attaching a file or files.
- Click ‘Browse My Computer’ to attach a file from your computer.
- Click ‘Type Submission’ to enter a response directly into Blackboard using the Content Editor.
If you attached a file from you computer, you will see it listed under ‘Attached Files’.
Add comments to your submission, if desired.
The green bar across the top will confirm your assignment submission.
- You should see your submission in the viewer and you should see the submission history on the right side of the page.
Click the double chevron to expand the tools available in the Content Editor.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.