Documentation:Blackboard Learn Support Resources/access and basic navigation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Access and basic navigation
- 1.1 For a video from Lynda.com, click here. Login is required.
- 1.2 Go to http://blearn.tru.ca and enter your login credentials.
- 1.3 The start page, titled ‘Thompson Rivers University’, contains room for various modules which can give you an overview of all of your courses in Blackboard.
- 1.4 Personalize your start page
- 1.5 The Global Navigation Menu provides an overview of all of the activity in all of your courses in one convenient location
- 1.6 Access timely information about your courses through ‘Bb Home’
- 1.7 Click ‘Thompson Rivers University’ to return to the start page.
- 2 Change Your Password
Follow these instructions to access Blackboard Learn 9.1, navigate and edit the ‘My Institution’ page, access the ‘My Blackboard’ pane and change your password.
For a video from Lynda.com, click here. Login is required.
Go to http://blearn.tru.ca and enter your login credentials.
- Open Learning Faculty Members: your username is your first initial and last name.
- Students: your username is your student number.
- Your default password is your birthdate as ‘yymmdd’.
- Click ‘Login’.
The start page, titled ‘Thompson Rivers University’, contains room for various modules which can give you an overview of all of your courses in Blackboard.
Personalize your start page
- use the ‘Add Module’ button to add or remove modules (some are required and cannot be removed),
- drag and drop modules using the top bar of each module,
- minimize or maximize a module by clicking the triangle to the left of the module title,
- personalize a module by clicking the gear when you hover over the top bar of a module,
- click the ‘more ____’ link to see more items in a module,
- click the ‘Personalize Page’ button to change the colour scheme,
- click to log out.
- Click your name in the top, right corner of any screen in Blackboard.
- You will see links to recently visited courses and a column of icons.
- Click the top "Person" icon to edit your profile in Blackboard:
- upload a recent picture,
- share some information about yourself,
- enter your email address,
- set your privacy options (preferably to ‘My Institution’ which will be visible to the TRU community when they are logged in to Blackboard).
- Click ‘Submit’ to save changes to your profile.
- Click the "Bb" House icon for a brief overview of all activity in your courses,
- Click the Wavy Square icon to see and reply to all posts in your courses,
- Click the Clock icon to see updates to your course,
- Click the Up/Down Arrows icon to see grades (students only),
- Click the Calendar icon to see the Calendar,
- Click the Happy Face to see profiles of others in Blackboard.
Access timely information about your courses through ‘Bb Home’
Click ‘Thompson Rivers University’ to return to the start page.
Change Your Password
Click ‘Personal Information’.
Click ‘Change Password’.
Enter a password that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess, then verify your password. Click ‘Submit’ to save your changes.
If you have questions, please contact the IT Service Desk.
This article is being embedded in other sites:
- See Embed Stats for more and up-to-date information